Did you know that it costs far more than your registration fee to deliver all of the fun events and supplies for your son’s year of Scouting?
This is our big fundraiser for the year! Most of this is funded by the pack and the pack counts on our commission from the annual popcorn sales drive to generate the funds we need to deliver the Scouting program to the boys and girls.
Our “Popcorn Kernel” (Popcorn sales drive coordinator) is Lauren Dilles, and she has done an amazing job of securing locations and dates for “Storefront Sales” at local stores. Take advantage of this! If your boy or girl spends a couple of hours at a Storefront they WILL generate sales and that helps the pack so much! Please coordinate with your den leaders ASAP to schedule some Storefront time slots for your Scout.
Your scout can win prizes from the local Boy Scout district, depending upon how much he sells.
There are a few ways to sell the popcorn:
- Storefront Sales
- Going door-to-door (or desk-to-desk at your workplace!) with the sales worksheet/poster to do “Take Orders” (you write down the order, collect the money, and then we receive the popcorn a few weeks later for you to deliver to the purchaser.
- Selling online
We ask that each scout try to sell at least $500 worth of product. Of course, the requirement is simply that they do their best. Remember that this is an outstanding opportunity for your scout to develop skills, including confidently speaking to people and sales, that could serve them well for the rest of their life.
Should you choose for your scout not to participate in the annual Popcorn Sales program at all, we ask that for a $250 contribution to the pack as an “opt out”.
- ACTION REQUIRED > Get your scout signed up on http://sell.trails-end.com/ to do online sales and to track orders.
- ACTION REQUIRED > Work with your den leaders to secure at least a few Storefront time slots to sell at local stores on the days we have reserved.
- ACTION REQUIRED > Get the product info poster from your den leaders and sell to your family, neighbors, co-workers, and friends.
Earn Amazon Gift Cards through Trails-End for selling!
Additional Reward offerings from Pack 494:
- Pack Popcorn Party invite: $750 in sales
- Pack dues covered ($99): $1000 in sales
- Pack/Council and National dues ($254): $1500 in sales
- Council Top Sellers Party invite: $2000 in sales
Important dates for Popcorn Sales:
- Online sales start: July 1st
- Popcorn Kickoff event: August 12th
- 2 Storefront shifts available: August 13th
- All Storefront shifts available: August 15th
- Parent Training (Zoom): September 3rd
- Inventory pick up: September 8th
- Mid-sale payment and returns due to council: October 19th
- Final order due: November 13th
- Final order distribution: November 30th
For updates directly from the Western Los Angeles County Council keep eye on their site here.